The following is a summary of key action items taken by Mayor Brett Jones and the Council at the city council meeting held on April, 4, 2022.
The meeting was held at City Hall, at 25 East Alabama Street, Tallapoosa.
- Approved audit as presented by Rushton & Company.
- Approved contract for financial consultant.
- Approved adoption of alcohol referendum for November ballot.
- Approved reappointment of Tallapoosa Planning Commission members.
- Approved contract with Haralson County to handle all building permit inspections.
- Approved resolution to change street name from Pennsylvania to Almon Lane.
- Approved renewal of Property & Liability Insurance with GMA.
- Approved closing of Brown Street.
- Approved council meeting date change from May 9th to May 16th.
Saturday, May 7, 2022
9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Countywide Cleanup Event