Household waste, also known as domestic waste or residential waste, is disposable materials generated by households.
- Collected once a week either on a Friday or Saturday.
- The City provides residential properties with a 96-gallon roll cart for solid waste collection.
- Place in poly cart(s) curbside no later than 7 a.m. on collection (preferably the night before scheduled collection days)
- Remove cart(s) by 9 a.m. the day after collection day.
- Residents should use City-issued carts and are responsible for keeping their carts clean and odor free.
- If your roll cart is not serviced by 8 pm, on your regularly scheduled collection day, contact City Hall to report the missed collection.
- Carts not set out in time for collection will not be collected until the following week.
The City of Tallapoosa offers limb pick-up service, as a courtesy, to our citizens with an active utility account. This service is offered every Thursday. To ensure efficiency and a continuance of this service, the following guidelines will apply:
- Residents must call City Hall (770.574.2345) by Wednesday noon of each week to be included in that week’s pickup.
- Service will require all debris to be placed on the curb (not in the street) by 8:00 am on Thursday for “scheduled” pickup.
- Limbs with a maximum length of four (4) feet, a maximum diameter of four (4) inches, and /or a maximum of forty (40 pounds.
- The limb debris pile is not to exceed five (5) feet in length, three (3) feet in width, and three (3) feet in height.
- All leaves and small clippings must be placed in bags.
- Items that will NOT be picked up:
- Any trash other than limbs and trimmings.
- Stumps of any kind.
- Commercial cuttings or large land debris.
- Brush and branches generated from a professional tree removal service or part of a whole tree.
- No rocks, dirt or bricks, or landscaping materials.
The City reserves the right to refuse to pick up any debris which does not meet these criteria.
The City of Tallapoosa does not have a household hazardous waste or recycling program. However, Keep Haralson Beautiful, a Keep America Beautiful affiliate, offers events several times a year to collect everything from electronics to tires to household hazardous waste. Please check out their website for more information. www.keepharalsonbeautiful.org