Action Summary of City Council Meetings
The following is a summary of key action items taken by the Mayor and Council at the last City Council meeting. The meeting was held at City Hall at 25 East Alabama Street, Tallapoosa.
City Council “Regular” Meeting – November 13, 2023
- Minutes, financials, and checks over $300 approved.
- Approved a zoning request from Jesses Robert Williams contingent on the two parcels being combined and on the modular home being registered as a home instead of a mobile home for taxation purposes.
- Adopted the alcohol zoning ordinance to allow the sale of distilled spirits within conditional uses in two zoning classifications, CI (commercial interstate) and C1 (modern retail).
- A lottery was conducted by MSP Attorneys in Cedartown between the two applicants, Kendall Robinson and TRD Packaging, LLC for the CI location for a package store in Tallapoosa. Kendall Robinson’s name was drawn.
- Approved a motion to approve the sole applicant, Mr. Jarinbhai C. Patel, for the C1 (modern retail) location on Highway 78 (for a package store).
- Approved a motion to approve the winner of the lottery for the CI (commercial interstate) location (for a package store).
- Adopted procedural changes in our local zoning ordinance in accordance with HB1405.
- Approved the mayor and council to attend the Georgia Municipal Association’s Annual Cities United Summit in January.
- Approved staying with Aetna (with an 8.8% increase for 2024) for staff medical insurance.
- Approved a motion for employee holiday pay and employee salary adjustments.
- Approved scheduling the Possum Drop for Sunday, December 31st, the sale of alcohol wristbands, and the $5,250 invoice for fireworks for the event.
- Approved the invoice for $9,200 for microphones and speakers in the council room.
The next scheduled meeting for the Mayor and Council is Monday,
December 11th, at 6:00 pm at City Hall at 25 E. Alabama St.