Action Summary of City Council Meetings
The following is a summary of key action items taken by the Mayor and Council at the last City Council meeting. The meeting was held at City Hall at 25 East Alabama Street, Tallapoosa.
City Council “Regular” Meeting – October 16, 2023
- Minutes, financials, and checks over $300 approved.
- Read the Proclamation recognizing and proclaiming November 4, 2023, as the Georgia Military Veterans’ Hall of Fame, Inc. Day.
- Approved a motion to table the rezoning request made by Jesses Robert Williams.
- Adopted a resolution to approve recommendations to contract with Allen Smith Consulting for the preparation of the city’s FY2024 CDBG application and contract with Turnipseed Engineering for the final design and management of the city’s FY2024 CDBG project, if funded.
- Approved a bid to purchase 3 doors for the gym bathroom ( (2) 36-inch doors and 1 handicapped unisex restroom door) for a total of $4,800.
- Approved the purchase of signage for the quad off Bowdon Street that encompasses the library, museum, senior center, and old bank building from SignWorks for $1,886.50.
The next scheduled meeting for Mayor and Council is Monday, November 13 at 6:00 pm at City Hall at 25 E. Alabama St.