Action Summary of City Council Meetings
The following is a summary of key action items taken by the Mayor and Council at the last City Council meeting. The meeting was held at City Hall at 25 East Alabama Street, Tallapoosa.
City Council “Regular” Meeting – September 11, 2023
- Minutes, financials, and checks over $300 approved.
- Approved motion to deny rezoning request for TA07 Parcel 26 from R50 to C-1 (for DG Market proposed project).
- Approved contract to hire Leamon Stephens to review alcohol applications for ordinance requirements.
- Approved the tax millage rate of 6.5220 for 2023.
- Approved ARC grant agreement for $40,000 with a matching $40,000 to hire a consultant for the downtown master plan.
- Approved moving the October meeting of the mayor and council from October 9th to October 16th.
- Approved the lowest bidder for the demolition of the old police building. The lowest bidder was Eagle Demolition for $53,548.
- Approved extending the building permit moratorium for an additional 90 days ending December 12, 2023
- Approved the purchase of a new dump truck for public works in the amount of $93,055.00.
- Approved awarding the paint contract (for the gym) to the lowest bidder. The lowest bidder is East Coast Painting ($6,800).
- Approved awarding the tree cutting (in the cemetery) contract to Eric Sisson for $3,600.00
The next scheduled meeting for Mayor and Council is Monday, October 16 at 6:00 pm at City Hall at 25 E. Alabama St.