Action Summary of City Council Meetings
The following is a summary of key action items taken by the Mayor and Council at the last City Council meeting. The meeting was held at City Hall at 25 East Alabama Street, Tallapoosa.
City Council “Regular” Meeting – August 14, 2023
- Minutes, financials, and checks over $300 approved.
- Approved entering a contract with Rushton LLC on audit on the fiscal year ending August 31, 2023.
- Approved call for election for 3 council seats (Post 3, 4 & 5).
- Approved the reappointment of Gina Griffith as the election superintendent.
- Presentation of the 2024 Proposed Budget
- Approved the appointment of Jennifer Roberts King to the Library Board.
- Waived the first reading and adopted the alcohol ordinance amendment setting the distance requirement between package store and housing authority.
- Approved awarding the paving contract for 2023 to Northwest Georgia Paving. Bid was $351,246. Will need to add Taliaferro Street adding an additional $38,000 to the bid.
- Approved awarding the striping contract for 2022 to Peek Pavement Marking. Bid was for $11,087.
The next scheduled meeting for Mayor and Council is Monday, September 11th, at 6:00 pm at City Hall at 25 E. Alabama St