Action Summary of City Council Meetings – CORRECTION
The following is a summary of key action items taken by the Mayor and Council at the last City Council meeting. The meeting was held at City Hall at 25 East Alabama Street, Tallapoosa.
City Council “Regular” Meeting – June 12, 2023
- Minutes, financials, and checks over $300 approved.
- The Council adopted an amended Alcohol Ordinance establishing the authority of the Mayor and the Council for the City of Tallapoosa to regulate the sales of distilled spirits within the City’s corporate limits approved by the citizens of the city by the referendum.
- The council approved a 60-day public notice that would begin on July 5th and end on September 5th. Applicants can get their application but will not be accepted until the 60-day window opens.
- The council approved the 15-page distilled spirits application and the 13-item checklist.
- The council adopted a Farm Wineries Ordinance that will go into effect immediately.
- The council approved an Urban Camping Ordinance.
- The council approved a parcel split of property (parcel #0053-0041D) owned by Kendall and Emelene Robinson. Two tracks were split from the original tract (tract two – 1 acre and tract three 1.44 acres).
- The council approved an agreement with Southeastern Gas located in Alabama to buy gas for the future needs of the city.
- The council approved a new lease with Club Car for golf carts for Tally Mountain Golf Course.
- The council approved the reappointment of two members of the Tallapoosa Housing Authority: Mr. Billy Earl Pike as a Resident Commissioner with a new term expiring April 2024 and Mr. Johnny Wright as a Commissioner with a new term ending in April of 2028.
- The council approved the purchase of a sewer jetter in the amount of $34,066.89.
- The council approved the purchase of a new backhoe in the amount of $71,526.52.
- The council approved Tyler Davis to serve on the Tallapoosa Development Authority board.
The next scheduled meeting for Mayor and Council is Monday, July 10th, at 6:00 pm at City Hall at 25 E. Alabama St.