Action Summary of City Council Meetings
The following is a summary of key action items taken by the Mayor and Council at the last City Council meeting. The meeting was held at City Hall at 25 East Alabama Street, Tallapoosa.
City Council “Regular” Meeting– December 12, 2022
- Minutes, financials, and checks over $300 approved.
- A motion was approved to waive the first reading of the new alcohol ordinance.
- A motion was approved to adopt the new alcohol ordinance as is except for changing the wholesaler fee from $100 to $5,000.
- A motion was approved to accept the gym deed and plat from the school board.
- A motion was approved to accept plat revision on the Historical Society/Mary Tolleson property.
- A motion was approved to accept plat revision on property on Bowdon Street.
- A motion was approved to authorize the mayor to sign a resolution to close a portion of Crest Avenue and Robbins Street.
- A motion to approve the purchase of fireworks at $5,000 for Possum Drop this year.
The next scheduled meeting for Mayor and Council is Monday, January 9, at 6:00 pm at City Hall at 25 E. Alabama St.