Action Summary of City Council Meetings
The following is a summary of key action items taken by the Mayor and Council at the City Council meetings. The meetings were held at City Hall at 25 East Alabama Street, Tallapoosa.
City Council “Regular” Meeting – November 14, 2022
- Minutes, financials and checks over $300 approved.
- Zoning Request from Louie Reganos denied.
- Historical Society request to store antique truck at Helton Howland Park tabled until later meeting.
- Council approved election results from 11/8/22.
- Council approved Holiday pay/Employee Pay Adjustments.
- Council adopted new garbage rates. (GFL presented the city with an increase of 30% for residential customers and 60% increase for commercial.)
- Council approved changing brokers for insurance. Blue Cross/Blue Shield had a 30% increase at renewal. The city will change to Aetna and will reduce the bill by 3.93%.
- Council approved declaring surplus on old Christmas decorations. City plans to donate to neighboring city.
The next scheduled meeting for Mayor and Council is Monday, December 12 at 6:00 pm at City Hall at 25 E. Alabama St.