Action Summary of City Council Meetings
The following is a summary of key action items taken by the Mayor and Council at the City Council meetings. The meetings were held at City Hall at 25 East Alabama Street, Tallapoosa.
Special Called Meeting – August 30, 2022
- Adopted a “tentative” millage rate of 6.906.
- Approved the charge off of uncollectible accounts in the amount of $5,249.87.
- Approved the new garbage rates.
- Adopted a resolution to adopt the fiscal year 2023 budget for each fund of the City of Tallapoosa appropriating the amounts shown in each budget as expenditures/expenses, adopting several items of revenue anticipations, and prohibiting expenditures or expenses exceeding the actual funding available. A special note was made that the capital projects budget will be presented as soon as projects are identified, and budgets determined.
- Adopted a resolution amending the 2022 budget to allow for expenses because of increased revenues received.
City Council “Regular” Meeting – September 12, 2022
- Minutes, financials and checks over $300 approved.
- Public Rezoning Hearing – Request to change property located at 950 Bowdon Street from a C-1 to CH was denied.
- Adopted the new millage rate of 6.906. Only property owners that received an increase in property value will see increase in property taxes. The 6.906 is the roll back rate.
The next scheduled meeting for Mayor and Council is Monday, October 10 at 6:00 pm at City Hall at 25 E. Alabama St.
City-Wide YARD SALE – Saturday, October 1, 2022
Fall Recycling Event: Electronics & Tire – Saturday, October 1, 2022