Halloween is one of the most exciting holidays - for children and adults! Playing dress up is always fun and free candy is great, too! Halloween in Tallapoosa is great and everyone has a great time! Safety is first though, you need to always consider traffic, visibility and costumer safety.. and don't forget Halloween falls on a school night this year! Some safety rules to follow:
- Always accompany young children on their neighborhood rounds. If your older children are going alone, plan and review the route that is acceptable to you. Agree on when they should return home and get flashlights for everyone.
- Only go to homes with a porch light on and never enter a home or a car for a treat.
- Always walk, don't run!
- Stay on sidewalks. If there is not a sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road facing traffic in a single file line.
- Obey traffic signals and only cross at corners.
- Stay away from animals you do not now. Home owners -- restrain pets so they do not jump or bite trick or treaters.
- And .. always be polite and don't forget to stay "Trick or Treat" and "Thank You."