Action Summary of City Council Meetings
The following is a summary of key action items taken by the Mayor and Council at the last City Council meeting. The meeting was held at City Hall at 25 East Alabama Street, Tallapoosa.
City Council “Regular” Meeting – December 11, 2023
- Approved a zoning request from Daniel Casteel on Tax Map TA 9, parcel number 5A from CN (Commercial Neighborhood) to RH-25 (Residential Historic).
- Approved the appointment of Melissa Hyler to serve on District 3 of the Tallapoosa Planning Commission.
- Adopted the resolution to renew the Enterprise Zone Designation.
- Adopted the resolution to approve the selection of Toole Design to create the Downtown Master Plan.
- Adopted the resolution to ratify the purchase of the Sporri building for $70,242.67 to be renovated and utilized for recreational purposes.
- Approved extending the moratoriums on building regulations and vape shops 90 days (March 10, 2024).
- Approved closing city hall the December 22nd, 25th and 26th for the holidays. Vacation days will be utilized by employees for December 22nd.
- Approved the reimbursement to Greg Patterson for the purchase of a damaged headstone by city detail workers.
- Approved the purchase of an 18ft Christmas tree not to exceed $10,000 to be used at Christmas every year downtown.
The next scheduled meeting for the Mayor and Council is Monday,
January 8, at 6:00 pm at City Hall at 25 E. Alabama St.