Action Summary of City Council Meetings
The following is a summary of key action items taken by the Mayor and Council at the last City Council meeting. The meeting was held at City Hall at 25 East Alabama Street, Tallapoosa.
City Council “Regular” Meeting – April 10, 2023
- Minutes, financials, and checks over $300 approved.
- A motion was approved to accept the election results of March 21, 2023, as reported by the election superintendent. Council Post #2 – Jacob Holdbrooks – 66 total votes; Jacqueline Roberts – 117 total votes.
- Judge Andrew Roper administered the oath of office to newly elected Council member Jacqueline H. Roberts.
- A motion was approved to approve a rezoning request changing Tax Map 37, parcels #25 & #26 from R:50 Single Family Residential to M-2, Heavy Manufacturing.
- A motion was approved to suspend the first reading of the Blight Ordinance and then a motion was approved to adopt the Blight Ordinance.
- A motion was approved to change the May regular meeting of the mayor and council from May 8th to May 15th.
- A motion was approved to approve the new GIRMA insurance quote in the amount of $197,471.
The next scheduled meeting for Mayor and Council is Monday,
May 15th, at 6:00 pm at City Hall at 25 E. Alabama St.