Action Summary of City Council Meetings
The following is a summary of key action items taken by the Mayor and Council at the last City Council meeting. The meeting was held at City Hall at 25 East Alabama Street, Tallapoosa.
City Council “Regular” Meeting – March 13, 2023
- Minutes, financials, and checks over $300 approved.
- A motion was approved to authorize the city to contract with Fox Environmental to conduct tests on water runoff as required by the EPA. The contract amount is $19,250 for 2023.
- A motion was approved to enter into a contract with Syncglobal for internet and hosted phone services for City Hall. Internet would have a monthly recurring cost of $238.50 a month. For hosted voice, there will be a one-time cost of $593.00 and a monthly recurring cost of $343.50.
- A motion was approved on bids for projects: Exterior Painting – East Coast Painting – $2,300 for the police department and $6,500 for Tallapoosa Library; Asbestos removal to Eagle Demolition – $1,670 for 2-story old police building, $3,634 for the old police building and $4,000 for the Tallapoosa Civic Center; Electrical work to Precision Electrical for $7,748 for Tallapoosa Civic Center; LED Welcome Signs to SignWorks for $19,027.16.
- A motion was approved for the council to attend the Greater Haralson Chamber Annual Dinner.
- A motion was approved for the council to attend the GMA Convention in June.
- A motion was approved to issue a six-month moratorium on building permits for any small and large subdivisions. This moratorium would not affect homeowners that own property and building for themselves.
The next scheduled meeting for Mayor and Council is Monday, April 10, at 6:00 pm at City Hall at 25 E. Alabama St.