Action Summary of City Council Meetings
The following is a summary of key action items taken by the Mayor and Council at the last City Council meeting. The meeting was held at City Hall at 25 East Alabama Street, Tallapoosa.
City Council “Regular” Meeting – February 13, 2023
- Minutes, financials, and checks over $300 approved.
- Motion was approved to authorize the 2020 deferment to the 2020 GEFA loan.
- Motion was approved to charge off a list of old equipment and vehicles for city to either dispose of or sell.
- Motion was approved to set July 3rd date for 2023 4th of July Fireworks celebration and to authorize the $11,403 invoice for the fireworks.
- Motion was approved to award the contract for a new roof for City Hall to the low bidder—Reganos Construction ($19,896).
- Motion was approved to award the contract for library renovations to the sole bidder—Jason King Home Repairs ($8300).
- Motion was approved to authorize the contract for pest management at the Tallapoosa Civic and Cultural Arts Center to Main Street Pest Control ($3852).
- Council appointed Taylor Jackson to serve on the Downtown Development Authority. Term will be 2023-2027
- Motion was approved for the March membership drive at Tally Mountain Golf Course; details to be ironed out by staff.
- Motion was approved to authorize the city to apply for a grant from ARC for the consultant to create a Downtown Master Plan.