- Minutes and financials were approved and motions to approve workman’s compensation insurance and Georgia Municipal Association membership.
- An update was given on the Joint Comprehensive Plan for Haralson County that represents the community’s vision policies, key needs and opportunities that the community intends to address and an action plan for implementing. Plan can be modified at any time. Must be submitted to the Georgia Department of Community Affairs every five years.
- Motion to approve the purchase of new police vehicle. Note: A Tallapoosa police officer was injured during a high speed chase that resulted in a fiery crash on Saturday, January 15th. The officer was taken to Grady with his injuries, but is expected to recover fully. The City of Tallapoosa extends our prayers to Officer Robinson and hopes for a speedy recovery.
- Recreation Department: Expect to see new scoreboards at baseball field and backboard with padding in the gym soon. In addition, the council approved the renovation of the city swimming pool. City staff will be looking for staff and lifeguards to man the area when completed. Note: Registration for the 2022 season has begun and will continue through February 5th, 2022 at the Old School Gym on Robertson Avenue. For more information, visit the home page at www.tallapoosaga.gov or call 770.574.3120.
- City Cemetery: Work is being done on the northwest corner of the Taliaferro Section, resulting in the addition of several new lots. Currently there are only lots available in the Taliaferro Section. Lots are $1800 for a two grave lot and $3600 for a four grave lot. Note: Residents are reminded when hiring a monument company to obtain a no-cost notification permit before ANY construction can be commenced.
New Business Licenses Issued
Small Town Nutrition
119 Head Ave. | Phone: 470 -345-7993
HyTek Amusement Services
104 Head Ave. | Phone: 678 -988-0344
Stormii Girls Boutique & Consignment
2360 US Hwy 78 | Phone: 770 -375-1476
On-going construction on Lyon Street, Alewine Avenue, & Ann Street is part of the Streetscape Improvement Project and should be finished in approximately one month. Funded by TE Grant
- Gas line to interstate
- New police department building
- Sewer project on Highway 100
Sanitation/Garbage: please roll out garbage carts the night before pickup day each week and roll back to proper storage location after pickup. If carts are left at the street or curb, a citation may be issued by our code enforcement officer per City Ordinance.
Brush/ Limb Pickup: Please call city hall to be placed on the brush pickup list when needed. As a reminder, limbs can be no longer than 4 feet and limbs must be separated from brush. Pickup date is Thursday each week.
Natural Gas Safety
Visit our GAS SAFETY web page.